The American College of Dubai (ACD) is a private educational institution incorporated under the laws of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The college is a constituent unit of the Al-Shafar Group of Companies, a well-known entity in Dubai, noted for providing social and public services to the local community.
About the American College of Dubai
Affordable Education in the heart of Dubai
The College is located on a purpose-built campus in the Al Garhoud area of Dubai near the Dubai International Airport and opposite the Dubai Festival City in a complex of schools and educational facilities. Its campus includes lecture halls, a separate library building with study areas, a major computer centre and related resource rooms, as well as a small clinic staffed by a resident nurse. Student activity areas include outdoor sports facilities such as a football field as well as basketball and volleyball courts. There is also a games hall beside the cafeteria as well as a dedicated activities area. ACD was established in 1990 and moved to its existing, purpose-built facilities in 1998. A major expansion of the campus was completed in 2001, at which time the library facility was constructed along with a larger student service area as well as additional Information Technology facilities. A subsequent major facility refurbishment was accomplished in 2008.
“We strive to nurture our students and prepare them to fill prominent and professional posts in the working world..”
The American College of Dubai has a mission to provide quality American higher education that is interdisciplinary, career-relevant, and interculturally relevant.
The institution emphasizes the core values of academic excellence, innovation, ethical integrity and multiculturalism.
We are committed to the quest for new knowledge and empower faculty and students in their process of research and self development.
The institution ensures its programs meet the needs of its stakeholders by constant interaction with prospective employers, the local and global communities as well as other international institutions of higher learning.
To become the region’s leading institution of higher education, promoting excellence in teaching and learning, research and innovation, critical thinking and social commitment to foster dynamic members of a global community.
- Present a quality education that enables students to ultimately achieve their educational goals. As part of this objective, the Institution seeks to ensure that all students can communicate clearly and accurately in English and can use Information Technology as well as library resources in an effective manner.
- Effectively cover the broad-based General Education objectives normally associated with US higher education with an emphasis on widening the perspective of the educated individual.
- Provide relevant programs for transfer to other institutions of higher education that enable students to ultimately achieve career success.
- Provide relevant degree programs that enable students to ultimately achieve career success.
- Undertake individual and collaborative teaching and research initiatives leading to professional development and institutional growth
What We Do
ACD seeks to provide a quality and affordable education that enables students to immerse themselves in a US-style higher educational system. Specifically, its programs include the broad-based General Education Requirements characteristic of the US educational system with an emphasis on widening the perspective of the educated individual. Transfer-oriented students completing these initial requirements are assisted in transferring their “credits” toward the completion of a degree at universities in the USA and other countries.
For students who wish to complete their degree in Dubai, the college provides business-related, job-oriented degree programs that enable students to complete all of their qualifications in the UAE. In order to better prepare for employment those who earn an ACD awarded degree, the college assists students in obtaining work-related experience through well–coordinated internships as part of their course of study.
Want to get in touch with us?
Use the form below: